Live Doppler 10 Meteorologist
Live Doppler 10 meteorologist Mike Davis has been helping keep central Ohio families safe from hazardous weather since 1987.
He holds the American Meteorological Society Seal of Approval and has served on the AMS Board of Broadcast Meteorology. He has won multiple Emmy and Associated Press Awards for Best Weathercast and Best Weather Operation (most recently in 2005 and 2006).
Prior to coming to Columbus, Mike worked at TV stations in Las Vegas, Idaho and Minnesota. He holds a journalism degree from the University of Minnesota and studied Meteorology at The Ohio State University. Over the course of his career, Mike has chased tornadoes, as well as covered hurricanes, floods, blizzards, heat waves and drought.
You might go so far as to say that Davis wrote the book on weather in Ohio. He is the author of "The ABCs of Ohio Weather," a book that provides insight into how Ohio's weather works, and what goes into what you see on TV every day.
Mike is married and has three children. His hobbies include a passion for family, writing, wine, ice hockey and, of course, the weather.
In addition to supporting many charitable organizations, Davis loves going to schools and talking to kids about weather. He also spearheaded community educational exhibits like the "Mike Davis Weather Adventure" at the Franklin Park Conservatory, and "The Ocean Above, Our Global Weather" at COSI.
Recent articles by Mike Davis
- Forecast: Scattered Showers & T'Storms Tonight
- Evening Forecast: Clear To Partly Cloudy, Humid
- Forecast: Chance For Rain Tonight, Warm & Humid Again On Tuesday
- Chance For Showers And Thunderstorms On Sunday
- Increasing Clouds And Warmer Temperatures On Saturday
- Forecast: A Weekend Warm-Up Is Ahead
- Evening Forecast: Cloudy With A Few Sprinkles
- Evening Forecast: Temperatures Remain Cool, Well Below Average
- Evening Forecast: mainly clear skies, unseasonably cool
- Evening Forecast: Clear And Cool, Fall-Like Feeling
- Evening Forecast: Showers, Storms Developing Around Central Ohio
- Forecast: Mostly Cloudy & Warm, Slight Chance For Rain
- Forecast: Mostly Sunny On Thursday, High 80
- Forecast: Clear Tonight, But Storms Return On Thursday
- WEATHER ALERT: Severe T'Storms Possible Across Central Ohio Tonight
- Afternoon Forecast: Muggy & Warm, High 85
- Severe Storms Moving Through Central Ohio
- Afternoon Forecast: Skies Clear & Less Humid; High 75
- Storms Move Out Of Southern Ohio Tonight; Dry Weather Moves In
- Chance For Showers Thursday Morning
- Afternoon Forecast: Showers & Strong T'Storms Move Into Central Ohio
- Afternoon Forecast: Cloudy, Slight Chance For Rain; High 80
- Afternoon Forecast: Mix Of Sun & Clouds; Slight Chance For Rain
- WEATHER ALERT: Severe T'Storm Watch Until 8 PM
- Forecast: Strong Storm System Rolls In This Afternoon
- Afternoon Forecast: Decreasing Clouds, High 85
- Muggy, Warm And Rain Tuesday Morning
- Afternoon Forecast: Beautiful, Sunny Skies, High 80
- Afternoon Forecast: Strong Or Severe Storms Possible, Especially South Of Columbus