Live Doppler 10 Meteorologist
Live Doppler 10 meteorologist Mike Davis has been helping keep central Ohio families safe from hazardous weather since 1987.
He holds the American Meteorological Society Seal of Approval and has served on the AMS Board of Broadcast Meteorology. He has won multiple Emmy and Associated Press Awards for Best Weathercast and Best Weather Operation (most recently in 2005 and 2006).
Prior to coming to Columbus, Mike worked at TV stations in Las Vegas, Idaho and Minnesota. He holds a journalism degree from the University of Minnesota and studied Meteorology at The Ohio State University. Over the course of his career, Mike has chased tornadoes, as well as covered hurricanes, floods, blizzards, heat waves and drought.
You might go so far as to say that Davis wrote the book on weather in Ohio. He is the author of "The ABCs of Ohio Weather," a book that provides insight into how Ohio's weather works, and what goes into what you see on TV every day.
Mike is married and has three children. His hobbies include a passion for family, writing, wine, ice hockey and, of course, the weather.
In addition to supporting many charitable organizations, Davis loves going to schools and talking to kids about weather. He also spearheaded community educational exhibits like the "Mike Davis Weather Adventure" at the Franklin Park Conservatory, and "The Ocean Above, Our Global Weather" at COSI.
Recent articles by Mike Davis
- Evening Forecast: Scattered showers & possibly a thunderstorm
- Evening Forecast: Cloudy with rain showers
- Evening forecast: Clear skies & chilly, freeze warning until Wednesday morning
- Evening forecast: Freeze warning with lows in the mid-20s overnight
- Evening forecast: mostly clear & cool, low of 34
- Evening Forecast: Mostly cloudy, low of 53
- Evening Forecast: Scattered showers across central Ohio
- Evening Forecast: Week warming up before rain returns
- Weekend Forecast: Snow showers move in overnight
- Evening Forecast: Scattered showers mixing with snow toward midnight
- Evening Forecast: Clear to partly cloudy & chilly
- Evening Forecast: Skies To Remain Cloudy With Temps In The Mid-30s
- Rain Turning Into Snow Showers With 1-3 Inches Across Central Ohio
- Evening Forecast: Partly Cloudy With A Few Sprinkles Possible
- Evening Forecast: Wind Chill Advisory Issued For Central Ohio
- Evening Forecast: Partly Cloudy & Cold, Low 25
- Evening Forecast: Cloudy With Scattered Showers And Thunderstorms
- Evening Forecast: Clear & Cold Heading Into The Weekend