Live Doppler 10 Meteorologist
Live Doppler 10 meteorologist Mike Davis has been helping keep central Ohio families safe from hazardous weather since 1987.
He holds the American Meteorological Society Seal of Approval and has served on the AMS Board of Broadcast Meteorology. He has won multiple Emmy and Associated Press Awards for Best Weathercast and Best Weather Operation (most recently in 2005 and 2006).
Prior to coming to Columbus, Mike worked at TV stations in Las Vegas, Idaho and Minnesota. He holds a journalism degree from the University of Minnesota and studied Meteorology at The Ohio State University. Over the course of his career, Mike has chased tornadoes, as well as covered hurricanes, floods, blizzards, heat waves and drought.
You might go so far as to say that Davis wrote the book on weather in Ohio. He is the author of "The ABCs of Ohio Weather," a book that provides insight into how Ohio's weather works, and what goes into what you see on TV every day.
Mike is married and has three children. His hobbies include a passion for family, writing, wine, ice hockey and, of course, the weather.
In addition to supporting many charitable organizations, Davis loves going to schools and talking to kids about weather. He also spearheaded community educational exhibits like the "Mike Davis Weather Adventure" at the Franklin Park Conservatory, and "The Ocean Above, Our Global Weather" at COSI.
Recent articles by Mike Davis
- Evening Forecast: Partly Cloudy & Cold, Low 25
- Evening Forecast: Cloudy With Scattered Showers And Thunderstorms
- Evening Forecast: Clear & Cold Heading Into The Weekend
- Afternoon Forecast: Cloudy & Cool
- Evening Forecast: Cloudy Skies And Turning Cooler
- Evening Forecast: Scattered Light Rain, Showers Developing
- Winter Storm Warnings & Advisories Issued For Areas South Of Columbus
- Evening Forecast: Snow Showers Eventually Clearing & Very Cold
- Wind Chill Advisory Issued For Central Ohio
- Evening Forecast: Wind Chill Advisory With Bitterly Cold Wind
- Cloudy And Mild Christmas Morning
- Evening Forecast: Mild And Mostly Clear Skies
- WEATHER ALERT: Severe Thunderstorm Watch In Central Ohio Until 11 P.M.
- Evening Forecast: Mild With Increasing Clouds, Rain Possible Late
- Evening Forecast: Rain Chances Will Increase Throughout The Evening
- Evening Forecast: Chance Of Showers Overnight
- Evening Forecast: Gloomy, But Mild
- Evening Forecast: Light Rain, Areas Of Fog Possible
- Evening Forecast: Partly Cloudy And Pleasant
- Evening Forecast: Partly Cloudy, Areas Of Fog Possible
- Evening Forecast: Chilly With Temperatures Below Freezing
- Evening Forecast: Showers Rolling Through Central Ohio
- Evening Forecast: Clear Skies And Cooler, Low 31
- Evening Forecast: Partly Cloudy, Low 27
- Evening Forecast: Increasing Clouds, Lows Near 30
- Evening Forecast: Cloudy & Mild, Low 53
- Evening Forecast: Increasing Clouds, But Mild
- Evening Forecast: Partly Cloudy, Still Breezy
- Mostly Cloudy And Breezy Friday Morning
- WIND ADVISORY: Gusts Up To 60 MPH Possible On Thursday
- Evening Forecast: Cloudy And Cool, Gradual Clearing
- Evening Forecast: Light Rain Moving Into Central Ohio