Live Doppler 10 Meteorologist
Live Doppler 10 meteorologist Mike Davis has been helping keep central Ohio families safe from hazardous weather since 1987.
He holds the American Meteorological Society Seal of Approval and has served on the AMS Board of Broadcast Meteorology. He has won multiple Emmy and Associated Press Awards for Best Weathercast and Best Weather Operation (most recently in 2005 and 2006).
Prior to coming to Columbus, Mike worked at TV stations in Las Vegas, Idaho and Minnesota. He holds a journalism degree from the University of Minnesota and studied Meteorology at The Ohio State University. Over the course of his career, Mike has chased tornadoes, as well as covered hurricanes, floods, blizzards, heat waves and drought.
You might go so far as to say that Davis wrote the book on weather in Ohio. He is the author of "The ABCs of Ohio Weather," a book that provides insight into how Ohio's weather works, and what goes into what you see on TV every day.
Mike is married and has three children. His hobbies include a passion for family, writing, wine, ice hockey and, of course, the weather.
In addition to supporting many charitable organizations, Davis loves going to schools and talking to kids about weather. He also spearheaded community educational exhibits like the "Mike Davis Weather Adventure" at the Franklin Park Conservatory, and "The Ocean Above, Our Global Weather" at COSI.
Recent articles by Mike Davis
- Sunny But Cold Friday, Snow Possible Over The Weekend
- Snow Showers Ending, Cold Again Tonight
- Cloudy And Colder In The Afternoon, Snow Possible Thursday
- Clear To Partly Cloudy And Bitter Cold Thursday Morning
- Forecast: Snow Tapers Off This Afternoon, Bitter Cold Temps Tonight
- Partly Sunny and Cold Tuesday Morning
- Cloudy And Chilly Start To The Day
- Colder Temperatures Expected In Central Ohio
- Warmer Temperatures Are On The Way For Weekend
- Freezing Rain, Sleet, Snow And Rain Today
- Foggy Start To A Chilly Wednesday