10TV News Anchor/Reporter
Angela is a 4-time Emmy Award winning journalist who co-anchors Central Ohio’s #1 weekday morning newscast on WBNS-10TV at 4:25 a.m., 5 a.m. and 6 a.m., with Jeff Hogan. She is also one of 10TV’s CrimeTracker 10 reporters, focusing on crime concerns and prevention in central Ohio communities.
Angela has reported on many significant news stories since joining WBNS-10TV in August 2000. In May 2015, she covered Jungle Jack Hanna’s final appearance on the Late Show with David Letterman and got exclusive behind the scenes access of Columbus Zoo animals traveling to New York City. Angela co-presented a 1-hour special in October 2014 on crime prevention, focusing on women and families with a special demonstration of Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design. Angela also spent 10 days in Sri Lanka following the deadly December 2004 tsunami in Southeast Asia. She brought back a weeklong series of stories about survival, loss and determination to rebuild.
Community service is one of Angela’s greatest passions. She serves on several boards, including the Columbus affiliate of the Susan G. Komen For the Cure and JDRF in Central Ohio for Type 1 Diabetes. Angela has also served on the boards of Canine Companions for Independence and Columbus Fashion Week. She lends her support to other groups as well, such as Crime Stoppers of Central Ohio and the Heinzerling Foundation helping people with severe mental or physical disabilities.
Along with her four Emmys for “Best Anchor”, “Best Reporter,” “Best General Assignment Reporting” and “Best Breaking News Coverage,” Angela has received high recognition from numerous organizations, including the Ohio Society of Professional Journalists, the Associated Press, the Ohio State Highway Patrol, and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Prior to joining 10TV, Angela worked at KSL-TV in Salt Lake City, where she was one of the first journalists in the market to certify as a county wild land firefighter. Angela also co-founded a news magazine program, China Near and Far, based out of New York City. Her journalism career began at KCAL-TV in Los Angeles.
A graduate of the University of Southern California, Angela is also a black belt in Tae Kwon Do. She is hoping to get back into the swing of golf and proud to call central Ohio home with her husband and daughter.
Recent articles by Angela An
- Door-To-Door Solicitors Get Reminder To Register
- Central Ohio Group Raising Money For Officers Hurt Or Killed In The Line Of Duty
- Police Hunting For Counterfeiter Circulating Fake $50 Bills
- Name Your Price And Bring Home A New Dog In Franklin Co.
- Monday's Most Wanted Boasts Impressive 92 Percent Capture Rate
- Former Central Ohio School Leader Finalist For National Award
- Newest Victoria’s Secret Angel Is A New Albany Native
- Missing Teen Alert: Wilson Omar Villeda
- Missing Adult Alert: Michael Schmunk
- Decoding Teen Talk: What Your Children Are Really Saying
- New App Helps Get Crime Information To Public Faster
- Big Lots store clerk chases purse thief to giving up the goods