10 Investigates Reporter
Paul Aker is the lead investigative reporter for 10TV News HD's, 10 Investigates unit.
Paul specializes in exposing fraud, corruption, government waste and wrongdoing. Over his career, he has been honored with numerous awards for his stories that hold the powerful accountable, including several Emmy awards. Most recently, Aker was honored with an Edward R. Murrow award for his coverage that exposed corruption in the office of former Attorney General Marc Dann.
Paul is not only passionate about investigative reporting, but also about the public's right to know. He has sat on an advisory board to the Washington State Legislature and worked with other officials to improve the public's access to information.
Paul most recently worked as a Bureau Chief for Seattle's NBC affiliate, KING-5, and as an investigative reporter at KAKE-TV in Wichita, Kan.
Paul graduated from Capital University Law School Magna Cum Laude. There, he served on law review as an associate editor and published a forthcoming article on Ohio’s Public Records Act. He graduated from Willamette University with a Bachelor's Degree in Rhetoric and Media Studies. He recently passed the Ohio bar exam to become a lawyer.
Paul loves gangster movies, reading classic literature, American History and hanging out at bookstores.
Recent articles by Paul Aker
- Court Order Forces Crime-Ridden North Columbus Hotels To Clean Up
- Franklin Township Trustee Pressured To Step Down After Physical Altercation
- Franklin Township Trustees Get Physical Over Trash Service Dispute
- Stealing History: Wrought Iron Thefts Plague Historic Olde Towne East
- Short On Parking: Bagged Meters & Construction Putting A Dent In Short North Businesses
- Injured Ohio State University Worker Still Suffering
- NCAA Ruling On Compensation A Welcome Change For Some Athletes
- Job Seekers Uncover Scams On State Job Search Website
- Columbus Man Apologizes, Admits In Court To Slaying Grandfather
- New E-Mails Uncover Tension Between Chillicothe Police Chief, Sheriff
- CCS ‘Data Czar’ Enters Plea In Data-Rigging Scandal
- Concerns Grow Over Teens Looking For Athletic Boost From Testosterone
- Central Ohio Guardrails Can Sometimes Sit Broken For Weeks
- Chillicothe Police Chief Suspended By Mayor
- Dublin-Based Sutphen Grounds Ladder Trucks Over Safety Concerns
- Suspect Arrested Following Teen’s Fatal Shooting
- 10 Investigates: Driver Responsible For Deadly Marion Crash Had License Revoked Twice
- FBI Investigating Chillicothe Police For Conduct Concerns
- Festival Flyers Have Residents Asking If ‘Straight White Guy Festival’ Is Real Or A Joke
- Firefighters Say Smoke Alarms Did Not Sound At Apartment That Caught Fire In Southeast Columbus
- 10 Investigates: Backyard Pools Pose a Hidden Danger To Youngsters
- Sex Offender Has Yet To Move From Home Near Children's Center
- Sheriff Warns Against Shooting Weapons To Celebrate Holiday
- Franklin County Board of Elections Debate Alleged Employee Time Card Fraud
- 10 Investigates: Sex Offenders Violating The Law Near Schools & Daycares
- Columbus Mosquito Spraying Will Target Neighborhoods, Parks And Paths