WBNS-10TV and the Ohio News Network respect the privacy of Web visitors and are committed to implementing measures designed to protect the privacy of those using our services. We do collect information from our Web sites’ members and visitors, as outlined below. However, we do not sell or otherwise share personally identifiable information about you.
If you have concerns about this policy, please email email@example.com
Information we gather
We gather information from our Web customers in four ways:
1. Non-personally identifiable information: When visitors come to our Web sites, we collect and aggregate information indicating, among other things, which pages were visited, the order in which they were visited, and which hyperlinks were "clicked." Collecting such information involves the logging of IP addresses, operating system and browser software used by each visitor to the Web sites.
The non-personally identifiable information is used only in the aggregate – to identify the most popular areas of our Web sites, or determine the effectiveness of our promotional activities, for example. We may disclose some of this non-personally identifiable information to advertisers to inform them of the number of people who have seen and/or clicked through their advertisements.
For the same purposes, we use “cookies” – small text files placed on your computer’s hard drive – to help us determine the type of content and sites to which you link, the length of time you spend at any particular area of the Web sites, and your usage of our services offered via the Web sites. Cookies also tell us which advertising you have seen on the Web sites. At certain times, we may use outside advertising companies to display advertisements on the Web sites that may contain cookies ("banner ads"). These banner ads collect information stored by the advertising company and we do not have access to this information.
Essentially, cookies are your identification cards for our computers, or servers, that placed them there. Cookies are only read by the server that placed them, and are unable to execute any code or virus. Cookies allow us to serve you better and more efficiently, and to personalize your experience at the Web site. Nevertheless, you are able to control how and whether cookies will be accepted by your web browser. For more information on how to do so, please refer to the documentation accompanying your browser.
2. Mailings and newsletters. If you choose to receive them by registering, we will periodically send you news-related emails and promotional emails about services offered by 10TV and ONN and their advertisers and marketers on the Web. These promotions will be tailored to the interest categories you have indicated and are controlled by 10TV and ONN. Your identity will not be revealed to the marketer unless you respond directly to the marketer’s offer and provide your information.
You may “opt in” or “opt out” of these emails. To change your mailings and newsletter settings:
- Click here for My Newsletters
- Enter the email address and password you used to register
- Then click the Sign In button.
- Uncheck the Mailings box
- Then click the Submit button.
3. Credit-card purchasing. We occasionally offer merchandise for purchase on our Web sites. We are committed to making your credit-card purchase as secure as possible, and to ensuring your privacy. Please read the following before you make a purchase:
- To process your order, we need to know your name, e-mail address, billing address, credit card number and expiration date, and telephone number.
- The e-mail address and the password you choose will become your “identifier” – we will use it to process and fulfill your order and to welcome you back to the site for future purchases. IF you choose to receive future promotional notices from 10TV and ONN, we will save your email address for that purpose. If you do not choose to receive future e-mail notices, we will not use your information for anything other than to process your order. Your telephone number is needed in case we are unable to notify you by e-mail of any questions about your order.
- Personal information you provide us is solely the property of 10TV and ONN and is stored on a separate, secured server that is accessible only to authorized personnel. We do not track individual behavior of our customers while they are making credit-card purchases. We will record only aggregate numbers of products purchased and general traffic patterns on the site; that information will be used only to help us continue to improve. It will not be shared with any other parties.
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology is used to encrypt and protect your credit-card account information, and transactions are carried out on a secure server (please be sure that your own Web browser, such as Internet Explorer or Firefox, is able to handle secure transactions). Products are billed to your account when they are shipped or electronically delivered.
4. Participation in other Web site activities such as contests and viewer feedback. We will ask you to register and provide your personal information for some of these activities. Unless you opt in during registration to receive emailings from us or consent to share your personal information with others, we will not use your information for any other activity.
More privacy information
- Advertising submissions: Personal information provided with advertising submissions is used only for verification and billing purposes.
- Advertising Network information: Yahoo! is an ad network partner that displays ads on 10TV.com. To improve your ad experience on 10TV.com and elsewhere on the Internet, we may send non-personal information to Yahoo! based on your browser's activities, such as type of pages viewed and categories of interests, so that the advertising you see is relevant to you. Yahoo! also may use information regarding its own users to select which ads to display. Click here to learn more about Yahoo!'s ad practices, including how to opt out of using anonymous information to select which ads to show you.
- Electronic mail to staff members and departments: Staff members at 10TV and ONN have broad discretion as to the handling of mail sent to their individual accounts. The company reserves the right to track or record such correspondence when circumstances warrant. Electronic mail sent to departments within 10TV and ONN are handled at the department’s discretion. We do not have a policy of sharing contents of e-mail with any other entities. However, we reserve the right to disclose such correspondence as necessary to protect the company’s legal interests.
Terms of Service
WBNS-10TV and the Ohio News Network provide a variety of online services, from news and weather information to entertainment and electronic commerce, subject to your acceptance and compliance with the following terms and conditions.
As the web is an evolving medium, these terms may change from time to time. Please periodically review and become familiar with these terms. Your continued use of the Web site after the posting of changes to these terms will signify your acceptance of these changes. 10TV or ONN may immediately terminate any individual's use of the Web site and/or such user's password(s) or account(s) in the event user violates these terms or engages in conduct that 10TV and ONN, in their sole discretion, consider unacceptable. Such removal or termination may occur without notice to the user.
© Copyright 2012, WBNS-TV, Inc.
Unless otherwise noted, 10TV and ONN own all materials, including images, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, video clips, and written and other materials that are part of their Web sites. To encourage a free and continuous flow of information, you are permitted (which may be revoked at any time) to download the material for private, non-commercial use only, without alterations, so long as the copyright notice — © Copyright 2012, WBNS-TV, Inc. — is included. By downloading material from the Web site, you agree that you do not acquire any ownership rights.
If you consider any material appearing on the Web site to be infringing and would like to report it, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Trademarks, service marks and logos used on these Web sites are the trademarks, service marks or logos of their respective owners. You may not use any trademark or service mark appearing on the Web site without the prior written consent of the owner of the mark.
CODE OF CONDUCT
You agree not to engage in any of the following conduct. Such conduct is unacceptable and may result in termination of your use of the Web site:
- Restricting or inhibiting any other user from using and enjoying the Web site and services;
- Posting or transmitting any unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable or harmful information of any kind;
- Posting or transmitting any information or software that contains a virus, worm, time bomb, Trojan horse, or other harmful or disruptive component;
- Posting or transmitting materials in violation of another party's copyright or intellectual property rights;
- Using the Web site for any commercial or unlawful purposes; or
- Modifying, adapting, sublicensing, translating, selling, reverse engineering, decompiling or disassembling any portion of the Web site.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold the Dispatch Broadcast Group harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, costs or other expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from (a) your breach of this agreement, (b)your violation of the Code of Conduct above, and/or (c) your activities in connection with the Web sites or site-related services.
By using the Web sites you are indicating that you agree to be bound by these terms. If you do not agree to the terms, please do not enter the Web site. If you are not yet 18 years old, a parent or guardian may agree to be bound by the terms on your behalf.
You may submit any text, images, data, or other materials ("content") to the Web sites. In so doing, you acknowledge and agree that you grant to 10TV and ONN a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide right and license to:
- Link to, use, reproduce, transmit, modify, adapt, publish, display, perform, distribute, and translate such content.
- Sublicense such content (in whole or in part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed for the full term of any copyright that may exist in such material.
Further, by submitting Content to the Web site, you acknowledge that you have the authority to grant such rights to 10TV and ONN, and acknowledge that the burden of determining whether any content posted or transmitted to the Web sites by you is protected by copyright rests solely with you. The Dispatch Broadcast Group, its subsidiaries and third party content providers and licensors have the right to assert and enforce these provisions relating to the submission of Content directly or on its own behalf.
CONTESTS, SWEEPSTAKES, AND PROMOTIONS
You acknowledge that if and when 10TV or ONN holds contests, sweepstakes, or promotions, or third parties sponsor a promotion in conjunction with 10TV or ONN, official rules and/or registration will be posted for that promotion and will govern that promotion.
USE OF SECURE AREA AND PASSWORD
Some areas of the Web sites are accessible via registration and passwords. You may not distribute your password to others. You are responsible for all uses of your password and any and all damages to 10TV and ONN resulting from the distribution of your password, whether or not authorized by you.
You acknowledge and agree that 10TV and ONN have the right, but not the responsibility, to monitor the Web sites and site-related services, including without limitation chat rooms and forums, and to disclose any information to any third party in order to operate the Web sites properly, to protect themselves, their sponsors and customers, and to comply with legal obligations or governmental requests, or to respond to any circumstance that 10TV and ONN deem to be an emergency. 10TV and ONN reserve the right to refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that are unacceptable, offensive or in violation of this agreement, in the sole determination of 10TV and ONN.
THE WEB SITES, INCLUDING ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN IT OR ANY SITE-RELATED SERVICE, OR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE LICENSED OR PURCHASED THROUGH THE WEB SITES, ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO THIS AGREEMENT. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ANY WARRANTY THAT IS PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH ANY OF THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES DESCRIBED HEREIN IS PROVIDED SOLELY BY THE OWNER, ADVERTISER OR MANUFACTURER OF THAT PRODUCT AND/OR SERVICE, AND NOT BY 10TV AND ONN. YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR ACCESS TO THE WEB SITES AND/OR SITE-RELATED SERVICES MAY NOT BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, OR SECURE. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITES AND SITE-RELATED SERVICES.
NEITHER 10TV AND ONN NOR THEIR EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SPONSORS, THIRD-PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE WEB SITES, SITE-RELATED SERVICES AND/OR CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THE WEB SITE. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT 10TV AND ONN ARE NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD-PARTIES, AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE WEB SITES, SITE-RELATED SERVICES AND/OR CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THE WEB SITES IS TO STOP USING THE SITE AND/OR THOSE SERVICES.
SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Although 10TV and ONN attempt to ensure the integrity of the Web sites, a possibility exists that the Web sites could include inaccuracies or errors, or unauthorized additions, deletions and alterations made by third parties to the Web site. 10TV and ONN make no guarantees whatsoever as to its completeness, correctness, or accuracy. In the event that such an inaccuracy arises, please inform 10TV and ONN at email@example.com so that it can be corrected.
In some instances, the content available through the Web sites represents the opinions and judgments of the respective information provider, Web site user or member, or other user not under contract with 10TV or ONN. 10TV and ONN neither endorse nor are responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made on the Web sites by anyone other than authorized 10TV and ONN employee spokespersons while acting in their official capacities. Under no circumstances will 10TV and ONN be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on information obtained through the Web sites. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information, opinion, advice or other content available through the Web sites.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
PARENTAL CONTROL PROVISIONS
Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230(d), as amended, we hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections is available at the Web sites of the Electronic Frontier Foundation: http://www.eff.org and America Links Up: http://www.netparents.org.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
Although the Web sites are accessible worldwide, not all products or services discussed or referenced in or on the Web sites are available to all persons or in all geographic locations or jurisdictions. 10TV and ONN reserve the right to limit the availability of the Web sites and/or the provision of any product or service to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction they so desire, in our sole discretion, and to limit the quantities of any such product or service that they provide. Any offer for any product or service made in the Web sites is void where prohibited.
This Agreement is entered into in the State of Ohio and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio, exclusive of its choice of law rules. Each party to these terms hereby submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in the County of Franklin in the State of Ohio, and waives any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections to such courts. In any action to enforce these terms, the prevailing party will be entitled to costs and attorneys' fees. In the event that any of the provisions of these terms shall be held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, such provisions shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that these terms shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
These terms constitute the entire agreement between the parties hereto pertaining to the subject matter hereof, and any and all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements existing between the parties hereto are expressly canceled. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. Any heading, caption, or paragraph title contained in these terms is inserted only as a matter of convenience and in no way defines or explains any paragraph or provision hereof.
10TV and ONN may at any time change the Web sites, including eliminating or discontinuing any content or feature of the Web sites, restricting its availability or limiting the amount of use permitted. Such changes, modifications, additions, or deletions shall be effective immediately upon notice thereof, which may be given by any means including, but not limited to, posting on the Web site, or by electronic mail, or by conventional mail. Your use of the Web sites after such notice shall be deemed to constitute your acceptance of such changes, modifications, additions, or deletions.