Travel Tips for Weekend Festivals: Columbus Arts Festival, Park Street Festival and more:
With spring’s warm weather come several central Ohio festivals. A number of festivals and special events are scheduled for this weekend. The Columbus Arts Festival will be held on the riverfront in Downtown Columbus from Friday June 7 to Sunday, June 9. Within walking distance of the Arts festival is the Park Street Festival which will be held Friday, June 7 and Saturday, June 8. Also planned are the Columbus 10 K and other events around central Ohio.
Festival Travel Tips:
- Watch carefully for pedestrians and cyclists. Share the road safely.
- Be aware of street closures (check pavingtheway.org for updates on freeway and other project detours).
- Take COTA, carpool, bike or walk to events to reduce congestion and make parking easier.
- Avoid parking in residential neighborhoods and watch for permit-only parking signs.
Columbus Arts Festival Downtown Riverfront Street Closures (in place from Wednesday, June 5 at 9 p.m. through Monday, June 10 at 7 a.m.)
- Civic Center Drive/Second Street from W. Mound St. to W Broad St.
- W. Rich St /Main St. from immediately east of McDowell St. to S. Front St.
- W. Cherry St. from to S. Second St. to S. Front St.
- Belle Street from. W. Town St. to W. Rich St.
- W. Rich St./W. Town St. from immediately east of Lucas St. to S. Front St.
- W. Noble Street from S. Civic Center Drive to immediately east to Second St.
- Jewett St. at Mound St.
- W. Town Street from S. Civic Center Drive to S. Ludlow St.
For more information about the Columbus Arts Festival, visit: https://columbusartsfestival.org/
Park Street Festival Street Closures (in place from 6 p.m. Thursday, June 6 to 6 a.m. Sunday, June 9):
- Park Street from W. Goodale St. to Vine St.
- W. Swan St. from Park St. to N. Wall St.
- Spruce Street from School St. to Park Street and from Park Street to Wall St.
For more information about the Park Street Festival, visit http://www.parkstreetfest.com/
The run forms Sunday, June 9 at 8:15 a.m. and starts at 9:00 a.m. Expect closures near the staging area and rolling closures as the run progresses. Law enforcement officers will work to direct traffic across the course as gaps permit. Expect more delays early in the race.
• The run starts on Washington Ave, east of COSI.
• North on Washington Ave.
• West on W. Broad St.
• South on Belle St
• West on Rush Alley
• North on Starling St.
• East on W. Broad St
• North on Front St to Park St.
• West on First Ave.
• North on Perry St.
• West on W. Third Ave
• Before Olentangy River Rd, south onto the Olentangy Trail
• Cross over US 33 (W. Spring St./W. Long St.), still on Olentangy Trail
• West on Rickenbacker Dr.
• South on Souder Ave
• After crossing over the Scioto River, East on the Lower Scioto Greenway.
• Continue on Lower Scioto Greenway to finish at riverfront.
For more information about the Columbus 10K, visit http://columbus10k.com/Home/RaceInfo
Again, please watch for pedestrians and drive, bike and walk safely. (Paving the Way/Columbus)
Paving the Way reminds you to Share the Road. Be alert for cyclists, pedestrians and construction workers in construction zones.