»THIS WEEK’S RECALLS:
- Rocky Brands Recalls Georgia Boot Steel-Toed Shoes Due to Compression Hazard http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2014/Rocky-Brands-Recalls-Georgia-Boot-Steel-Toed-Shoes/
- Ontel Recalls Isometric Exercise Devices Due to Projectile Hazard http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2014/Ontel-Recalls-Isometric-Exercise-Devices/
- Pier 1 Imports Recalls Hanging Glass Star Lanterns Due to Fire Hazard http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2014/Pier-1-Imports-Recalls-Hanging-Glass-Star-Lanterns/
- GunBox Recalls Gun Storage Boxes Due to Lock Failure (Recall Alert) http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/Recall-Alerts/2014/GunBox-Recalls-Gun-Storage-Boxes/
NHTSA Recalls & Defects http://www.nhtsa.gov/Vehicle+Safety/Recalls+&+Defects
- April 18: 109,000 Mazda Tribute vehicles from 2001-2004, Recalled for potential corrosion of the lower control arm, causing significant loss of steering.
- April 17: 26,452 Volkswagen vehicles from 2014, including the Beetle and Jetta models, Recalled for potential leaking of transmission fluid, which could cause a fire.
- April 17: 5,700 Mazda vehicles from 2014-2015, including Mazda3 and Mazda6 models, Recalled for the alternator belt which may slip, causing engine stall.
- April 15: 16,655 Baby Trend TrendZ Fastback 3-in-1 car seats from 2011-2012, Recalled for the harness buckle which may become stuck, causing difficulty removing the child and increasing the risk of injury in the event of an emergency.
- April 14: 348,950 Ford Escape vehicles from 2001-2004, Recalled for potential corrosion of the lower control arm that may result in a significant loss of control.
- April 14: 46,757 Toyota Highlander vehicles from 2013, Recalled for the second row left hand seat which may not lock into place, increasing the risk of injury in a crash.
- April 14: 43,135 Ford vehicles from 2013-2014, including Ford Fusion and Lincoln MKZ models, Recalled for seat backs that may become loose or lean back while driving, increasing the risk of injury in a crash.