THIS WEEK’S RECALLS:
- Two Deaths Reported with Ace Bayou Bean Bag Chairs; Recall Announced Due to Suffocation and Choking Hazards http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2014/Two-Deaths-Reported-with-Ace-Bayou-Bean-Bag-Chairs-Recall-Announced/
- BRITA Recalls Children’s Water Bottles Due to Laceration Hazard http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2014/BRITA-Recalls-Childrens-Water-Bottles/
- Bexco Recalls Franklin & Ben Mason 4-in-1 Convertible Cribs Due to Fall and Entrapment Hazards http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2014/Bexco-Recalls-Franklin-and-Ben-Mason-Four-in-One-Convertible-Cribs/
- Golden Artist Colors Recalls QoR Synthetic Ox Gall due to Skin Irritation (Recall Alert) http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/Recall-Alerts/2014/Golden-Artist-Colors-Recalls-QoR-Synthetic-Ox-Gall/
- Attwood Recalls Kayak and Watersports Storage Hanger Due to Injury Hazard http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2014/Attwood-Recalls-Kayak-and-Watersports-Storage-Hanger/
- SolarWorld Recalls Solar Systems with Copper Grounding Lugs Due to Electrocution, Electric Shock or Fire Hazard http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2014/SolarWorld-Recalls-Solar-Systems-with-Copper-Grounding-Lugs/
- WilliamsRDM Recalls StoveTop FireStop Microhood Due to Safety Hazard (Recall Alert) http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/Recall-Alerts/2014/WilliamsRDM-Recalls-StoveTop-FireStop-Microhood/
NHTSA Recalls & Defects http://www.nhtsa.gov/Vehicle+Safety/Recalls+&+Defects
- August 21: 15,956 Chrysler vehicles from 2014-2015, including Jeep Cherokee and Chrysler 200 models, Recalled for insufficient welding that may cause the rear shocks to detach from the vehicle.
- August 21: 81 Jaguar XF vehicles from 2013-2014, Recalled for potential reduction of power steering assist.
- August 20: 144 Jaguar XK vehicles from 2013-2015, Recalled for incorrect information about proper inflation on the spare tire, which could lead to tire failure.
- August 19: 39,181 Recaro ProSport model 385 car seats, Recalled for failing to conform to Federal Safety Standard requirements, increasing the risk of injury.
- August 19: 2,990 GM vehicles from 2013-2014, including Buick Encore and Chevrolet Cruze models, Recalled for engine block heater cord wires that may become exposed.
- August 18: 9,371 GM vehicles from 2007-2011, including Chevrolet Silverado HD and GMC Sierra HD models, Recalled for a potential risk of fire.