C2BF Men’s Health Tips- June
From Giant Eagle:
The Giant Eagle Dietitians wish all the men a happy and healthy Men’s Health Week! Check out this page for tips: http://www.cdc.gov/men/nmhw/index.htm
Did you know that June 11-17th is Men’s Health week? Your Giant Eagle Dietitians want to remind the men to set a great health example for your kids. A few ideas: YOU try new veggies, exercise regularly and join them in outside play!
Here are some fantastic nutrition tips for men’s health month! http://www.gianteagle.com/Pharmacy/Health-Wellness/Nutrition-Guides/Nutrition-for-Men/
- Did you know that how well men eat can predict how well they age? Your Giant Eagle Dietitians can make a nutrition plan specifically for you! Info at www.gianteagle.com/nutrition. In the meantime, check out these nutrition tips: http://www.eatright.org/Public/content.aspx?id=6831
- Remember to manage your health with safe drinking practices. The recommended limits for alcohol each day is 1 drink for women and 2 drinks for men. What counts as 1 or 2 drinks? Find out here!
- Where’s the beef? Check out this article about the health pros and cons of beef!
- Check this out! Men staying physically fit in middle age may help prevent cancer later on: http://gianteagle.uat.staywellsolutionsonline.com/NewsRecent/6,676434
- Did you know that if you are overweight, losing just 5-7% of your bodyweight can help decrease your risk of developing type 2 diabetes? Visit your Giant Eagle dietitians to learn more!
- Did you know that beer can beneficial to your health? Here are some tips to making your brew worthwhile: http://www.eatright.org/Public/content.aspx?id=6442463947
- Need a vegetarian burger option? Try this: http://www.gianteagle.com/Recipes/Main-Dishes/Mediterranean-Portobello-Burger/
- Need a new healthier burger recipe? Here’s one to try! http://www.gianteagle.com/Recipes/Sandwiches-Pizza/Bodacious-Steak-Burger/
From Columbus Public Health:
- Hang Up the Keys, Take Out the Bike http://publichealth.columbus.gov/health_rss.aspx?id=17160
- Safe Swimming for Your Family http://publichealth.columbus.gov/health_rss.aspx?id=28188
- Enjoy Your Yard More with Less Mosquitoes http://publichealth.columbus.gov/health_rss.aspx?id=42556
- Motorcycle Season – Lets Share the Road http://publichealth.columbus.gov/health_rss.aspx?id=51978