Maryhaven Collaborative Outreach Team Offers Summer Cooling Stations
The Maryhaven Collaborative Outreach Team is offering summer cooling stations across the city. Get details.
The Maryhaven Collaborative Outreach Team is offering summer cooling stations with temperature on the rise. These stations will be provided on days when temperature reach 91 degrees with a 40 percent relative humidity or above. Get the details on location and services of these stations below.
Stowe Baptist Church: Rev. Michael Brooks 445-8400
- Serve a lunch meal from 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. All are welcome
- MCOT will be available to triage clients during the lunch hours on Mondays.
- MCOT will contact Stowe Baptist daily for anyone in crisis
YMCA: Jim Kerr 778-9797
- Willing to open residency lobby to persons experiencing homelessness from 11:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Willing to run a sign-in sheet and then to contact MCOT at the end of each day with names and possible locations
- MCOT providing water in the mornings and will follow up on crisis clients identified through YMCA triage
Trinity Episcopal: Diane Donato 221-5351
- 125 E. Broad Street
- 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Monday-Friday
- SID is delivering water as needed
- The church has indicated no additional assistance is needed
Trinity Lutheran Church 224-6818
- 404 S. 3rd Street
- 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Monday-Friday
Vineyard Church: Pastor Dan Franz 259-5336
- 452 English Way
- Wednesday: 5:00 p.m. – 6:15 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Broad Street United Methodist: Deb Brierly 221-4571
- 501 E. Broad Street
- 4:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Monday-Friday
The Open Shelter 222-8130
- 59 E. Mound Street
- 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Monday-Friday
- MCOT will provide water and engagement during open hours
- 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Stoneybrook United Methodist Church-John Raab 471-0252
- 485 Cherry Bottom Road, Gahanna, Ohio
- 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- In extreme weather emergency arrangement will be made for weekend assistance.
House of David –Brian Hall
- 1779 South 4th Street, 43207
- 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Monday-Friday
Church for all People: David Cofer 445-7342
- Closed Mondays
- Tuesday: 10:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 10:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Friday: 3:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Sunday: breakfast (9:00 a.m.), worship (10:00 a.m.)
- MCOT will be providing water and engaging clients daily and as needed for crisis. The church will contact MCOT for emergency individuals.
Faith Mission: Sue Villilo 224-6617 ext. 2171
- Already a cooling spot for anyone in the community
- Faith Mission and SID will triage
- If Faith Mission requires assistance from MCOT, Sue Villilo will contact Deb Rambo, MCOT Coordinator
Divine Mercy Ministries 554-2693
- 80 S. 6th Street
- All week, in the afternoons/evenings exact hours TBD
Downtown Main Library
- SID and HCFH covering triage services
- SID will contact MCOT if additional assistance is needed
- SID is providing water
- Allowing folks to come in for cooling in the afternoons
All City Recreation Centers
- Mayor has opened all city Recreation Centers as cooling stations
Capital Crossroads/SID and Discovery District SID
· Ambassadors will provide water to anyone in need