Toddler Hospitalized With Burns After Acetone Ignites

Published: .
Updated: .

A 2-year-old was hospitalized on Tuesday with burns associated with acetone, according to The Mansfield News Journal.

Police told the paper that the child was hospitalized in Akron with second-degree burns to the front of her body after the apparent accident at a home in the 40 block of West Blanche.

According to the paper, the girl’s father was cleaning at the time the child was burned at about 3:50 p.m.

Police said the child’s burns were the result of acetone and a cigarette.

Watch 10TV News and refresh for more information.