Tips For Saving Money During Your Move
A recent 10 Investigates report looked a moving companies in central Ohio.
Here's a list of tips provided by officials to keep you from getting ripped off.
1. Get quote by mover coming to your home
2. Get it the quote in writing
3. Realize that movers cannot keep your stuff if they charge more than 10% than what they quoted on the phone
4. If they try to keep your things, you can lodge a report with the PUCO and the Better Business Bureau
5. Check with state authorities for complaints about the company before you hire them
6. Movers who plan an interstate move should ask the moving company for a copy of a booklet called, “Your Rights and Responsibilities When You Move.”