Son Dies, Mom Hospitalized In Dayton Heroin Overdose
Police say a 31-year-old man died and his mother is hospitalized after they overdosed on heroin together in southwest Ohio.
Dayton police say the 52-year-old woman's life was saved because she was revived with a heroin antidote that's been distributed in Ohio since last fall. Both were found unresponsive at their home Monday, and the son, Paul Eversole, didn't survive.
The Dayton Daily News reports that it happened days before a program was to be launched in their neighborhood to help fight the heroin epidemic.
Project DAWN — Death Avoidance by Naloxone — will distribute the newly-cleared heroin antidote as part of the community-based overdose prevention program.
Police and people in the community say the heroin problem on the east side of Dayton is especially bad.