Reynoldsburg Apartment Fire Caused By Candle

Published: .
Updated: .

Two people are recovering in the hospital after they were injured in a Reynoldsburg apartment fire.

Columbus Fire investigators said a lit candle started the fire in the 6000 block of Harshman Court around 8 p.m. Sunday.

Investigators said a woman walking her dog saw heavy smoke coming from the unit.

They said she and a pizza delivery driver rescued a 67-year-old woman from the apartment.

She was taken to Grant Medical Center to be treated for smoke inhalation.

Investigators said the woman who helped her was also taken to the hospital as a precaution.

Stay with 10TV and refresh for continuing coverage.