Red Cross Assists Family Displaced By North Columbus Duplex Fire

Published: .
Updated: .

A family was forced from its home early Friday morning.

According to fire officials, a fire began at a duplex in the 800 block of East Como Avenue shortly before 4 a.m.

Fire officials told 10TV News on the scene that the fire likely started because of an electrical issue in the attic of the duplex’s top unit.

The two people in the unit in which the fire started said that they were asleep when they woke up to the smell of smoke.

No one was inside the downstairs unit of the duplex, which was not affected by the fire.

No injuries were reported in the fire.

Officials said they were not considering the fire suspicious.

Red Cross officials said that they provided the family with a hotel and money for food and clothing. They said assistance was possible because of community donations.

Watch 10TV News and refresh for more information.