North Side House Blaze Starts With Woman Sleeping Inside

Published: .
Updated: .

Firefighters worked to contain a fire on the north side Wednesday morning.

Crews were on the scene, in the 1400 block of North Sixth Street, before 6:45 a.m.

Investigators said that a woman was asleep in the basement when the fire started upstairs. She escaped without injury.

Investigators determined that the fire was a result of a space heater places too close to combustibles.

In all, the blaze caused $30,000 in damages. The American Red Cross was called to assist those who were inside the home.

Watch 10TV News and refresh for more information.