Neighbor Charged After Authorities Find Poison Used In Dog’s Death
Authorities believe a turf war could be to blame for the death of a family dog.
David Burrell was charged after Richland County Sheriff’s officials found rat poison inside of his garage, according to CNN.
Authorities linked the rat poison to the death of a young terrier-Labrador mix named Annie, owned by Lester DeSalvo.
DeSalvo said that he became concerned when his other dog, Zena, began acting strangely. A few days later, Annie died.
“You could see her gasping for air, and all of a sudden, foam started coming out around her mouth and she was sitting right here, and she reared up and fell over dead. It was horrible,” DeSalvo said.
DeSalvo said Annie’s death came months after the mysterious death of his yellow lab, CNN reported.
Sheriff’s officials were investigating the incidents.
Watch 10TV News and refresh 10TV.com for more information.