Multiple Fire Crews Respond To Blaze At Southeast Columbus Apartment


It took multiple fire units to put out a blaze at a southeast Columbus apartment complex on Thursday.

The two-alarm fire was reported shortly before 1 p.m. at apartments off of Shannon Road on Bowman Meadow.

Officials said one apartment was a "total loss" and units on each side of it were damaged.

A 17 year old was in the garage at the time the fire started and heard smoke detectors.

The fire did an estimated $500,000 in damage.

No injuries were reported.

Investigators believe the fire was started when someone attempted to put out a cigarette in a flower pot on the balcony.

Stay with 10TV News and refresh for updates.