Kerosene Lamp Sparks Fire And Destroys Apartment

Published: .
Updated: .

An apartment near the Ohio State University campus was destroyed Monday morning by flames.

Firefighters said a kerosene lamp was knocked over and sparked the fire.

It happened around 1:45 a.m. at an apartment building on North High Street, near Lane Avenue.

The building has six apartments but firefighters contained the flames to just one apartment.

Firefighters helped one person out of the building. Everyone made it out safely.

The fire has been declared an accident.

Watch 10TV and refresh for more information.