Firefighters Believe Kerosene Heater Sparked Fire

Published: .
Updated: .

Firefighters said they believed a kerosene heater sparked a fire at a Pickaway County home Friday morning.

The fire started around 4:00 a.m. at a house on the 3000 block of Duvall Road.

Firefighters said the man was using the heater to heat his entire home, but it overheated and filled the house up with smoke.

The man was able to escape without any injuries. Fire officials said the majority of the damage done to the home was on the first level.

Stay with 10TV and refresh for updates on this story.