Fire Forces Hotel Guests To Evacuate
Nearly 100 hotel guests were forced to run for safety after flames sparked in north Columbus.
The fire started around 1:30 Friday morning at the Holiday Inn Express on Olentangy River Road.
The fire chief told 10TV that the fire started on a couch in a stairwell, and was likely sparked by a cigarette.
The sprinklers turned on and that helped firefighters get the flames under control quickly.
But most of the damage to the hotel came from the water from the sprinklers.
No one was injured.
Watch 10TV and refresh 10TV.com for more information.