Fire That Displaced 12 Families Ruled Accidental

Published: .
Updated: .

Investigators have determined that a blaze that displaced 12 families was accidental.

One resident, whose identity was not released, told 10TV that the fire started in her unit, located along Reflections Drive, when she lit her fireplace for the first time around 9 p.m.

Investigators confirmed that the fire originated in the chimney flue inside one of the units.

Residents were forced to run from the building. When firefighters arrived, smoke and flames were pouring from the roof.

"It was terrible," said resident Crystal Blunt.

The damage to the complex was estimated at $1.2 million.

Watch 10TV News and refresh for more information.