Fire Crews Battle Blaze In East Columbus

Published: .
Updated: .

Emergency crews were called to a house fire in east Columbus on Tuesday morning.

The blaze was reported in the 200 block of South Virginialee Road around 9:30 a.m.

Witnesses reported to 10TV that they were seeing smoke and flames coming from the home.

The Columbus Fire Department said no one was seriously injured.

Officials said the fire was started by a discarded cigarette.

The estimated damage was $400,000.

Watch 10TV and refresh for the latest news.