Deputies Investigate After Child Injured By Fire

Published: .
Updated: .

Deputies were investigating after a child was injured by a fire on the southwest side of Columbus.

The incident was reported on Urban Hollow Court.

Jackson Township firefighters say the fire started in an upstairs bedroom and a 15-month-old had to be removed through an upstairs window.

He was unconscious at the time, and emergency workers performed CPR.  The child was then transported to Nationwide Children's Hospital.

Neighbors told 10TV that the boy was sleeping alone in the apartment while his babysitter was taking a walk. She returned to find the apartment full of smoke.

“I mean, if it was the house, it wouldn't be nothing too much but the baby in there, it's just kind of crazy. Some people cried over there because we've known them for a while. They're good neighbors,” said Farah Ali.

The Franklin County Sheriff's Office said there's an ongoing investigation at the location.

The medical condition of the boy has not been released.

Watch 10TV and refresh for the latest news.

Watch 10TV and refresh for the latest news.