Connecting With Community: YMCA
One minute is all it takes for a child to drown.
Swimming is a life-saving skill for children and a vital tool to prevent drowning, the second leading cause of unintended, injury-related death for children ages 1-14.
Research shows participation in formal swimming lessons can reduce the risk of drowning by 88% among children aged 1 to 4, yet many kids do not receive formal swimming or water safety training.
Find out how well your child can swim with a Swim Ability Evaluation at the YMCA of Central Ohio.
3,500 American children a year experience a drowning-related incident. By having your child’s swimming ability evaluated, you could protect your family against the dangers of drowning.
The YMCA of Central Ohio is committed to the safety of our community’s children. We stand ready to teach every child the lifesaving skills of swimming and water safety.
Evaluations are free and open to the community; no appointment required.
Swim Evaluation PSA
Swim Ability Evaluations at YMCA of Central Ohio locations
April 13, 2013
• Delaware Community Center YMCA, 9:00-11:00 am
April 27, 2013
• Downtown YMCA, 1:00-3:00 pm
• Gahanna/John E. Bickley YMCA, 1:00-4:00 pm
• Grove City YMCA, 1:00-3:00 pm
• Hilliard/Ray Patch Family YMCA, 1:00-3:00pm
• Hilltop YMCA, 10:00 am-1:00 pm
• Jerry L. Garver YMCA, 11:00 am-2:00 pm
• Liberty Township/Powell YMCA, 9:00 am-12:00 pm
• North YMCA, 12:00-2:00 pm
• Pickaway County Family YMCA, 1:00-2:00 pm
• Vaughn E. Hairston YMCA, 12:00-2:00 pm
• Eldon & Elise Ward Family YMCA, 1:00-2:00 pm
More information about Healthy Kids Day
More information on YMCA Swim Lessons