4 Children, 2 Adults Escape Fire At Home

Published: .
Updated: .

Six people, including four children, had to escape a fire at their home Friday morning around 6:30 a.m.

The fire started in the kitchen at the residence at 1151 S. Champion Avenue.

The family was asleep, but smoke detectors alerted them to the fire.

The damage was limited to the kitchen area, according to firefighters. There were no injuries reported.

The Red Cross will assist the family with temporary housing.

Watch 10TV and refresh 10TV.com for the latest information.