10TV Teams Up With United Way To Help Fight Poverty
All day Thursday, local media will join together with the United Way of Central Ohio to show support as the community Unites to Fight Poverty.
Thursday, media from WBNS-10TV News, WCHM, WSYX and WTTE will speak out to fight poverty in the community.
Six Things You Can Do NOW to Help Fight Poverty:
- GIVE to United Way’s Community Impact Fund. Even small gifts add up to huge impact!
- Change your personal Facebook cover photo and profile photo to the following during the month of October: Unite to Fight Poverty Facebook Profile Photo or Unite to Fight Poverty Facebook Cover Photo
- On the morning of October 10th, through your social media channels, send out the following message:
Facebook: Since 1 in 3 people in central Ohio are struggling to meet their most basic living expense, I’m joining the fight. Please join me. Unite to Fight Poverty. #fightpoverty To learn more, visit http://www.liveunitedcentralohio.org
Twitter: 1 in 3 central Ohioans can’t meet basic needs. I’m joining the fight! Join Me! Unite to Fight Poverty. #fightpoverty http://bit.ly/L2TI
- Sign up to receive United Way’s Advocacy Alerts when your voice is needed on public policy issues.
- Find a VOLUNTEER opportunity and be part of the change.
- Consider engaging your friend and family in a discussion on how poverty in central Ohio affects all of us.
Watch 10TV News and refresh 10TV.com for more.