10 Things To Know For Wednesday, July 3
1. DEADLINE FOR MORSI AS EGYPT ERUPTS
The embattled president has refused to resign by the time the military set, and all-night protests seeking his ouster have killed nearly 40 people.
2. A LAST DISPATCH BEFORE DEADLY ARIZONA WILDFIRE
The Hotshot firefighters' lookout radioed his team that the fire had changed direction with the wind and he was fleeing for safety. The 19-man crew died in the blaze. KILLED
3. BOLIVIA FURIOUS AT DIVERSION OF PRESIDENTIAL PLANE
The plane was denied airspace in four European countries because of suspicions it was carrying NSA leaker Edward Snowden.
4. BUSINESSES RELIEVED BY OBAMACARE DELAY
A key requirement for companies to provide coverage for their workers or pay fines won't go into effect until 2015.
5. DRONE STRIKE KILLS 16 IN PAKISTAN
Two of the suspected militants killed are believed to be from a network U.S. officials say are a danger to American troops in Afghanistan.
6. GUNS WON'T FLY, BUT PASSENGERS STILL TRY
Airport security officials tell the AP more passengers are trying to bring loaded firearms onto planes.
7. WHY PROSECUTORS WANT ZIMMERMAN'S SCHOOL RECORDS
They're asking a judge to admit evidence of a college course he took that covered Florida's self-defense law - which the ex-neighborhood watch man has said he knew nothing about.
8. A COLD CASE UNEARTHED BEHIND A WALL
Police in New York found the remains of a woman reported missing 27 years ago by her husband in the house that they shared.
9. HOW MUCH A JULY 4 PICNIC COSTS
$57.20 for a party of 10, complete with hot dogs and burgers, baked beans and watermelon and potato salad.
10. BAILEY JOINS ELITE CLUB WITH NO-HITTER
The Cincinnati Red threw 102 pitches to hit his second career no-hitter, following in the footsteps of his hero Nolan Ryan.